Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The story of Blondilocks and the three Angels

This was meant to be part of my fiction assignment, but I decided not to submit it after writing a whole new piece of work. There are two possible endings to this one I have thought of. Please feel free to comment which ending is better.

“It's so tiring...” complained Blondilocks. She's been walking along the forest trail, having nothing better to do for the whole day. Serves her right for being tired.

Blondilocks is quite popular in her village, being nice, cuddly and sweet, but no one knows her dark side. Everyone remembers the day when the statue of King Arthur Lee Ulysses was found disfigured with over-sized facial hair drawn on his face. And the day the dress of Queen Dame Ugglie was found painted horrible bright pink. The villagers blamed the poor wicked old witch for that, just because she has a long crooked nose and a lump on her head. She couldn't even draw.

It is obvious by now who the real culprit is, though no one else ever found out. She will get her karma though.

And the karma is right in front of her. Right inside the door of this house.

***

I stared at this building for a very, very long time. I have never seen such a magnificent structure, not even in my bedtime story books. It stood at about three times my height, decorated with panels of tinted glass with portraits of two angelic figures reaching out for the stars. Rays of light shone through the kaleidoscopic range of colours, reflecting them into my eyes. I was enthralled.

I quickened my steps to the front of the asymmetrical wooden door, the size of Papa bear I read about in one of the fairy tales. I forgot the title though.

The glowing door knob beckoned me to turn it, but I decided to knock first. Knock knock, anyone there? Knock knock knock... anyone? I turned the door knob.

The living room was surprisingly small and cramped. The sweet scent of vegetable porridge lingered heavily. I looked around again. A long dining table enough for three, a grandfather clock on the wall, a burning fireplace with a cauldron of yellow coloured soup, three dull-looking massage chairs and a staircase leading upstairs. But no one around. Anyone there? No response. I heard a growl though.

My stomach. I missed my breakfast this morning.

That was when I noticed the three bowls of porridge on the dining table. I took a deep breath. Sweet. And before I knew it, I was standing on my own puddle of drool.

The three bowls were of different sizes. Large, extra large, and extra, extra large. I went over to the large bowl, and took a sip. This porridge is too hot! Then I went over to the extra large bowl. This porridge is too cold! And finally, bearing that little bit of hope, I went over to the extra, extra large bowl and gobbled it whole as it was just right. Delicious.

Yawns.

My legs were aching from all the walking. I looked at the massage chairs. And looked. Small chair, extra small chair, and extra, extra small chair. Sitting there for a little while won't hurt a bit right? I went over to the small chair. The chair is too big and hard! Then the extra small chair. The chair is too big and too soft! And finally, feeling a little more hopeful, I went over to the extra, extra small chair and fiddled with the roller functions on the remote control as it was just right. Comfortable, other than the fact that the chair broke down a few moments later.

Yawned again.

I went up the staircase. The space was even smaller than the living room. A plain, white set up with cream curtains, colours matching to the three beds. The three beds, medium, extra medium, and extra, extra medium. Which meant they were the same size. I sat on the medium bed. This bed is too hard! Then the extra medium bed. This bed is too soft! And finally, I lay down on the extra, extra medium size bed, which was just right, and went into the land where Morpheus governs.

***

Oops.

I forgot to lock the door before leaving the house to visit Grandma's old friend, the wicked old witch in the forest, with Mama Angel and Baby Angel. As usual, the poor wicked old witch ranted about the disfigured statue, the hot pink dress and the villager's discrimination. Ah, disgusting humans. Make judgement of others so easily.

We had to bid the wicked old witch goodbye when Baby Angel almost tore down the poor witch's stick hut with her wings. Because she was hungry. When we reached home, our door was ajar.

Oops.

I went ahead first before Mama and Baby. The fireplace was still burning strongly for my vegetable curry, but horror was defined by the touched spoons on the dining table, and the empty bowl that belonged to Baby.

Somebody's been eating my porridge! Mama, bad news. You better hold Baby back before she sees this.

Somebody's been eating my porridge too! Papa I've got her.

Somebody's been eating my porridge and they ate it all up!

Luckily, Mama held Baby back before she could do any real damage.

And if that's worse enough, my massage chair was switched on.

Someone's been sitting on my chair! I was hopping mad already.

Someone's been sitting on my chair too! Mama's face was as red as the fire in the fireplace.

Someone's been sitting on my chair and they've broken it all into pieces! Baby's tears of anguish almost flooded the house.

Oh no! Our beds!

We rushed upstairs. Someone's been sleeping on my bed! Someone's been sleeping on my bed, too! Someone's been sleeping on my bed, and she's still there!

I stared at her for eternity. I smirked. I sent a telepathic message to Morpheus, telling him to keep her company a little longer.

Mama dear... could you help me to sharpen my Cross Blade? Baby flapped her wings in delight.

Her head would make an excellent addition to the curry in the cauldron.

Alternate ending to be continued with previous

“Hello Morpheus dear!”

“Oh hello Blondi. I haven't seen you in a while. How have you been?”

“I am fine, I suppose. But I am still feeling kinda hungry even after that extra, extra large bowl of porridge. Any suggestions?”

“Hmmm... let's see...”

Beep beep! Beep beep!

“Oh I've just got a message from your dinner tonight. He asked me to accompany you for a little while more.”

“But I am hungry already!”

“Ah... don't worry my dear, would you like to have wings for dinner later? Wait for me here while I get some marinating sauce...”

No comments:

Post a Comment