Sunday, February 7, 2010

Conclusions

“Hey buddy, congratulations in getting that trophy!”

“Hey Alan, you're welcome! You did put up a good fight, you know. I was almost caught off guard.”

“Haha, yeah. Oh man, I missed my flèche by that tiny bit. I guess I was a little too impatient.”

“...”

“Hey Ben.”

“Yeah?”

“Can you promise me something?”

“Yeah? What is it?”

“Could you take good care of Clare?”

“...”

“Yeah, don't worry. I will.”

“If you don't, I will make sure that my next flèche hit you hard.”

***

As I close the storeroom door and walk out of the sports hall, I saw Claudia at the carpark, seemingly waiting for me.

She smiled at me. I smiled back.

Then I understood what her smile meant. Someone else was waiting for her in his car.

A few moments later, we did what seems to be so common in dramas nowadays. We turned our backs towards each other, and she walked back to his car while I headed back to my bicycle.

I rode uphill back to my room after that.

***

"Leaving someone behind means you only want the best for her/him, even if it means swallowing the sad reality that, the best just isn't you."

No comments:

Post a Comment