Wednesday, September 22, 2010

To end the drought.

Drought

The sun shone into my face. It's morning already. Apparently, i've sat there for the whole night, staring into the darkness. Tired you might ask? Yes i am, but i couldn't get to sleep. Many things went through my mind, but i could recall none. Overwhelming feelings? Overwhelming thoughts? Maybe. Been there so many times that i'm used to it already. Just let it pass by quietly.

The song went through my head many times. Many, many times. That's all i could remember.

“Just know you are unique in your own way.”

“Just know you are unique in your own way.”

“Yawns.”

I almost knocked myself as i leaned my head towards the edge of the door. It's been a while since i leaned onto anything. Maybe i should have knocked at it hard. Real hard. To wake myself up from the long slumber i had given myself for the past 4 months.

I stared across the dry field with my half tired eyes. Bare, barren. Did i see a fissure in a distance?

Finally, i pulled myself up from the doorway. I dusted myself clean from the sands of time that engulfed my T-shirt and my shoes, and searched my pocket. Ah, they're still there.

No water source around. How sad. I had to use my own saliva to moist the seeds.

Was that paper plane still around? Yes it was, lying at the corner of the house quietly. Somehow, the spiders did not make their new homes at that corner.

The sun still shone straight at my face. Yes, I know, I know. I shall get it done right away.

And so, I placed the seeds onto the paper plane and let it fly towards the swaying clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment